What is Aspire?
Aspire is built on the same platform as Vectric's VCarve Pro software, sharing the intuitive interface and ease of use for production design and routing. In addition to the powerful drawing and production routing tools of VCarve Pro, Aspire also has tools to let you transform 2D sketches, photos, drawing and digital artwork into detailed 3D relief models and then to calculate 3D Roughing and Finishing toolpaths to accurately cut these shapes.
Aspire is used by a wide variety of businesses and individuals to create a large range of products that include decorative panels and doors, ornamental flourishes, custom millwork, architectural moldings, dimensional signage, carved company logos, custom gifts and awards, plus many more applications.
Aspire's unique 3D component modeling coupled with the comprehensive set of 2D design and editing tools make it easy to work with existing 2D data or imported 3D models as well as giving you the ability to create your own 2D and 3D parts from scratch.
Please explore the Aspire pages to find out more about how the program works, watch an overview of the program, see a detailed list of features, read about customers using Aspire and ultimately download the free trial version to see for yourself how powerful the software really is.
Who uses Aspire?
- Wood Carvers
- Sign Makers
- Furniture Manufacturers
- Cabinet Makers
- Solid Surface Fabricators
- Model Makers
- Architectural Model Makers
- Schools, Colleges & Universities
- 3D Sculptors and Artists
- Theatre and Movie Prop Makers
- Vacuum Form Mold Makers
- and many others...
- 3D Component design from 2D vectors
- 3D Textures from image files
- Import 3D files - STL, DXF, OBJ, SKP, V3M, CRV3D, 3DCLIP
- Interactive 3D editing - sculpting, blending & smoothing
- 3D Roughing and Finishing Toolpaths
- Large collection of 2D and 3D clip art files (over 1300) including Panels, Weaves, Textures and 150+ 3D models from Vector Art 3D, alone worth over $5000
- Installation DVD that includes over 35 hours of high quality Video Training Tutorials and a 390+ page Reference Manual
- All the 2D Drawing, design and layout tools available in VCarve Pro - layer control, guide lines, Snapping, rulers etc.
- Text editing with single stroke fonts
- True Shape Nesting maximizes material usage
- Import 2D files: DWG, DXF, EPS, AI, PDF, SKP, BMP, JPG etc.
- Export 2D and 3D files: DWG, EPS, AI, SVG, STL, TIF, etc.
- Interactive vector sizing, positioning, node editing
- Wrapped Rotary axis machining
- VCarving and 3D Engraving Toolpaths
- 2D Profiling with interactive tab hold-down, leads, ramping and other options
- Raised 3D Prism machining
- Auto-Inlays with multiple inlay options
- Fluting Toolpaths with ramp in/out options
- Pocketing toolpaths with efficient multi-tool options
- Drilling with peck cycle option
- Beveled Letters
- User definable, shaped Form Cutters
- Project toolpaths onto 3D shapes and curved surfaces
- Tiling of toolpaths to cut large jobs in sections on smaller machines
- Toolpath Templates to automatically apply commonly used strategies and settings to new designs
- High quality multi-color Toolpath Preview for part verification and customer approval
Key Strengths of Aspire
- Aspire's single interface for 3D component design and machining makes it easy and logical to draw and build 3D component models, plus calculate combinations of 2D and 3D toolpaths to machine high quality projects.
- The emphasis on ease of use not only includes the interface and work-flow of the software but has also been carried through into the training materials. Aspire ships with over 35 hours of tutorials based on real-world examples that cover all aspects of using the program. The videos are accompanied by the associated files that allow users to watch and work through the training materials at their own pace.
- Aspire has a unique interactive approach to assembling 3D component models that makes it easy to change the shape and characterisitcs of individual parts of the job and build up complex designs using simple sets of 3D shapes. Flexible design tools allow components to be edited - moved, scaled, resized, rotated, tilted, faded and distorted at any time without having to recreate the component.
- Building 3D shapes from 2D vectors with the interactive 3D shape modeling tools make it easy to experiment with different settings and results. Changes to shape, height or inclination are instantly updated in the 3D view showing exactly what the final result will look like. This takes the guess-work out of creating high quality models.
- Aspire lets you dynamically edit 3D components using the mouse as well as giving you the ability to enter specific values to manipulate the part.
- The high quality 3D model preview allows 3D components to be displayed in different material types or colors to produce realistic results for customers quotations, web site content or including in your martketing material etc.
- Aspire's ability create or edit 2D and 3D data coupled with the comprehensive set of toolpath strategies gives you the ability to choose the most efficient ways to make 2D parts, 3D carvings or jobs which combine both with your CNC.
- Get the most from your CNC by being able to create and cut a wider variety of 2D and 3D parts.
- Offer your customer a range of cost options from budget 2D designs to higher value 3D products.
- Take advantage of the free 2D and 3D Clip Art files supplied with Aspire including Panels, Weaves, Shields, Textures and 150+ models from Vector Art 3D worth Over $5,00
- Customize parts to create unique products for individual customers.
- Save time and money by re-using previously created 2D vectors or 3D models as Clip Art in other jobs
- Use the large range of tutorials to learn new skills for use on your CNC and to create samples to help demonstrate and sell your capabilities.
- Not only increase your skill-set and productivity but also your job satisfaction and enjoyment of using your CNC Router.
The Aspire Modeling and Machining Process
The process to design and machine CNC projects such as dimensional signs, custom furniture or decorative carvings with Aspire has been set-up to be as intuitive as possible. The starting point for all parts is to import or create your 2D design using Aspire's flexible set of vector drawing tools. If your part does not have any 3D elements then you can go straight to creating accurate and efficient toolpaths to cut the shapes. If your design includes 3D shapes then the powerful modeling tools will let you create all the dimensional components you need. When you are happy with the 3D model you can create a combination of 2D or 3D toolpaths to turn your design into reality on your CNC machine.
Below are a selection of videos which will show you some of the different aspects of using Aspire. These are based on actual tutorial videos but have been designed to give you an overview of the process to create a variety of parts. Topics shown include importing and toolpathing a design from another program, drawing and machining a new design and a selection of examples to show the power of the 3D modeling and manipulation in the software.
Aspire's combination of 2D and 3D design and machining functions allow you to get the most from your CNC machine in terms of what you can make and how efficiently you can make it.
Projects can be drawn directly in Aspire, imported from graphical drawing packages (CAD) such as Corel Draw or AutoCAD and from scanned image files and photographs such as jpg and bitmap files. Designs from standard clipart libraries such as Vector Art can also be directly loaded and machined or used as a basis to create 3D shapes.
Whether it's high volume production runs, bespoke decorative pieces or simply cutting parts for friends and family on a home built CNC machine, Aspire includes the tools needed to get the job done and to do it as efficiently as possible.
The videos only cover a selection of the capabilities of Aspire. You can review the Feature Overview for a summary of some of Aspire's many other functions and you can use the link below to download the free Trial Version of the software (this does not require registration) so you can see for yourself how easy it is to access the power and flexibility that the software will give you creating CNC parts.
Drawing & Layout Tools
- Vector Shape Creation
- Image Tracing (Vectorization)
- Advanced Text Tools
- Import 2D data (DXF, DWG, EPS, AI etc.)
- Basic Dimensioning
- Vector Transform & Editing
- Vector Layout
- True Shape Nesting
- Layer Management
- Rulers, Snap Grid and Guidelines
- Create Vector Texture
- Trim Objects to a Vector Boundary
- Create Shapes from Vector Outlines
- Two Rail Sweep
- Extrude and Weave
- Interactive Sculpting & Blending
- 3D Textures from Images
- 3D Component Editing
- 3D View Component Manipulation
- Offset Model
- 3D Component Manager
- Import 3D Clipart & Mesh Models (STL, OBJ, 3DM etc.)
- Intelligent Clipart File Format - 3DClip
- Clip Art Browser
- Free 3D Clipart
- Material Setup
- 2D Production Profiling
- Fast and Efficient Pocketing – optimizes
use of 2 tools
- Precision V-Carving
- Raised Prism Machining
- Fluting Toolpaths - Ramp in/out
- Efficient Texture Toolpath
- Auto-Inlay Toolpaths
- 3D Roughing and Finishing
- High Quality Toolpath Preview
- Estimated Machining Times
- Toolpath Tiling – Divides toolpaths to fit material or machine limits
- Toolpath Templates
- Form Tools - custom shaped cutter profiles
- Wrapped Rotary Axis Toolpaths
- Production Plate Engraving
- Quick Engrave for diamond drag tools
- Merged Toolpath
- Create Job Sheet
- Import Toolpaths from other Vectric Programs
- File Thumbnails
- Video Tutorials
- Technical Support & Vectric Forum
- 64-bit Build
- And much more…