Applications Specifications Options
Cuts more. Cuts faster. Cuts tougher.
Power up your business with the Roland CAMM-1 GR Series Cutters. As pioneers of high precision vinyl cutting, Roland DG now returns with an intuitive, versatile solution.
Packed with advanced and powerful new features, the GR-420 (42”), GR-540 (54”) and GR-640 (64”) have been designed for a whole new level of sign, apparel, vehicle graphics and packaging production.
As a stand-alone cutter or paired with your existing printer, the GR Series take cutting productivity, precision and strength to the next level.
GR Series Features:
- Fastest cutting speed in its class at 1,485mm/s.
- New cut carriage and tool holder with increased downforce (up-to 600 gf), for greater media compatibility.
- Up to 10x overlap cutting, plus two blade positions supports perforation cutting and standard contour cutting.
- New electric pinch rollers with 10 pressure settings to accommodate a range of media types.
- LCD control panel with memory features and pen force adjustment to allow users to change down force on-the-fly.
- New robust design for maximum stability and accuracy.
- Ethernet connectivity and updated Roland CutStudio Software makes it easier than ever to create and edit cut data.
- Media basket included.
Vehicle Graphics - Reflective Vinyl - Labels and Decals - Apparel - Packaging Prototypes - Décor
click images to enlarge
- Newly designed robust structure
- Cut carriage is firmly fixed to the rail for smoother motion
- Anti-shaking with ‘L’ shaped sides, and ‘X’ shaped stand
- Improved precision for long distance jobs by minimising variance between L/R pinch roller pressure
- The fastest cutting speed in its class : 1,485mm/s ( at 45° direction )
- Supports Ethernet connectivity
- Adjustable pinch roller pressure • With the electric pinch rollers, the pressure can be adjusted in 10 steps for use with thin, thick, or slippery materials.
- Improved media compatibility with increased cutting pressure - up to 600gf.
- Cardboard, High-intensity reflective film (w/o glass beads), magnetic sheet
- Overcut function for sharp, accurate corner cut quality on thick materials
- Supports perforation cut and creasing
- For packaging prototypes and original goods production.
- Equipped with crop mark sensor
- Detect crop marks of printed materials and accurately contour cut.
- Media Edge Sensors
- Maximise working area
- Improved ease-of-use with newly developed structures.
- Protect the cutting strip, reduce cutter’s damage and make perforation cutting possible by changing the blade’s position. Ultimately reducing customers running cost for consumables.
- Improved ease-of-use with newly developed structures
- Perforation Cut / Creasing • Die Cut labels and stickers
- Package Prototypes
- Perforation Cut & Creasing *
*When using creasing tool, set offset to ‘0’ and fix tool to rear position. No RVWD special color library for creasing is available .
Controllable Cut Carriage Height (Encoder)
- Encoder is installed in cut carriage in order to control the height of the blade
- Reduce time of tool moving up/down
- Enable soft-landing sequence optimisation
- Media surface detection
- Tool-down for detection before job starts
- Improve efficiency by reducing tool-up time
- Choose ‘Low’ for short, and ‘High’ for long automatically
- Also manually select from Auto/High/Middle/Low
- Blade position detection
- Detect ‘front’ or ‘rear’ blade position and correct if necessary
- 2 Test Pattern types
- Type 1 – For marking film
- Type 2 – For thick materials
- Perform 3 test cut patters at once
- -10gf, set value, +10gf • 1 or 3 patterns selectable
- Legacy PEN FORCE slider
- Fine tune cut force while cutting jobs are running
- Range: +/-30gf
Powered Pinch Rollers & Variable Pressure
- One button control to push pinch rollers down
- Variable Pressure
- 10 steps on L/R pinch rollers (default value is 6)
- 3 steps on Middle rollers (Normal/Weak/None)
- 7-10 achieves good results when using thick materials such as magnetic sheets, cardboard, reflective vinyl etc.