Gain an Edge With the SOLJET® EJ-640 Large Format Digital Printer
More than a job, it’s your reputation coming out of that printer. Which is precisely why the EJ-640 large format color printer is designed to ensure quality results even at high speeds:
- Dual eight-channel Piezo inkjet heads house 180 nozzles per channel
- Offset-positioned print heads move in a large print swath for increased production and follow a mirrored pattern to reduce the chance of banding
- Advanced media feed allows media to feed through the printer accurately at high speeds
- Rigid industrial design ensures quality output
- Patent-pending Roland Intelligent Pass Control system controls dot placement between passes, producing exceptional solid colors and photographic image quality
- Variable dot control achieves smooth gradations and deep image saturation on a broad range of media
Produce Rich, Vibrant, Durable Color for Less
New, specially formulated, quick-drying EJ INK produces amazingly brilliant colors. The inks also provide unmatched long-term outdoor durability, scratch and chemical resistance, broad media support and a wide spectrum of color. And the available 1-Liter cartridges allow the EJ to run without frequent cartridge changes. Need more? Configurable to dual-CMYK or CMYKLcLmLk for finer details, smoother gradations and more neutral grays (made possible with Light Black ink).
Free Up More of Your Time.
Because the EJ-640 large format color printer doesn’t need constant attention, you can concentrate on other important tasks. Here are just a few features that get you through longest print runs:
Count On a Quick-Dry Finish
The EJ-640 dries prints quickly – even in high-speed mode – for immediate finishing, installation or collection by the take-up system.
The integrated tri-heater system features:
- Pre-heater to improve media receptiveness
- Print heater to accelerate ink fastness and brightness
- Dryer to accelerate drying and ensure greater productivity and scratch resistance
An included dryer/blower unit evenly dries large prints and enhances image saturation at high speed.
Watch Those Print Heads Last Longer
The EJ-640's three-part patent-pending wiper system is designed to significantly reduce buildup around the edges of the print head, decreasing wear and tear and prolonging its life.
Enjoy Brilliantly Easy Production with New VersaWorks® Dual RIP
A revamped RIP, VersaWorks Dual – included with the EJ-640 – features a new core engine for better file processing, including files with transparencies, plus the advanced and ease-of-use capabilities that have always made VersaWorks, well, VersaWorks.
- Predictive Ink Calculator
- Spot Color Replacement
- Built-in Pantone® and Roland Color spot color libraries
- Variable data printing
- Embedded ICC support ink level adjustment tools
- Advanced cropping, tiling and nesting options
Quickly Find the ICC Profiles You Need
The Roland Profile Center makes it easier than ever to locate and download profiles from Roland and other major media profile providers
Print With Confidence, Even When You're Not There
Owning an intelligent Roland inkjet has its perks, like sharing information remotely. The Predictive Ink Calculator in VersaWorks lets you monitor ink supply for the print jobs you've posted to the queue, while Roland OnSupport emails you to let you know when a job is completed or ink is running low.
Seamlessly Pair With a GX Cutter
You can pair your EJ-640 printer with a Roland GX Series cutter to quickly and easily contour cut printed decals, heat transfers, POP displays, vehicle wraps, labels and more. Roland Quadralign™ technology precisely reads crop marks on pre-printed data and aligns the graphic for perfect contour cutting.
Calibrate With X-Rite for Accurate Digital Display
For precise color management, Roland offers X-Rite's iBasic Pro 2 for calibrating your monitor to display accurate digital color and linearizing your Roland printer for consistent output. Upgrade to the X-Rite iPublish Pro 2 to add complete ICC/ICM media profiling. Both packages include the new i Pro 2 spectrophotometer, PANTONE® Color Manager software, and an accessories package.
Expect Legendary Roland Quality and Reliability
Like all rolands, the EJ-640 printer is built to provide years of reliable service – even in the most demanding environments – and is backed by our unmatched Two-Year Trouble-Free Warranty.
- Expert technical assistance
- Free Webinars
- "How-to" articles and videos
- Free software updates