VersaEXPRESS™ RF-640 Wide-Format Inkjet Printer
Impressive print speed and quality, advanced productivity features and unmatched reliability and support make the VersaEXPRESS RF-640 the smart choice for your business.
Equipped with the latest print head technology and GREENGUARD Gold-certified ECO-SOL MAX® 2 inks, the RF-640 delivers vibrant prints at real production speeds of 13 - 18.5m2/hr. and up to a maxiumum of 48.5m2/hr. Save time and work smart with intelligent features like the ability to replace inks on the fly, an iPad app to control common printer functions remotely while you're in the office, plus the powerful VersaWorks® RIP software. Now that's pure genius.
Efficient, reliable and affordable, the VersaEXPRESS RF-640 delivers outstanding prints day in and day out. The new Roland Ink Switching System allows you to change out cartridges while the print is still running, saving valuable stop & restart time. The handy new Roland Printer Assist iPad app allows you to control common functions such as test printing and cleaning directly from your iPad. In addition, stay connected through Roland OnSupport printer alerts e-mailed to your computer or mobile device. All this adds up to the smart choice to produce a wide range of applications, including signs and posters, banners, backlit displays, vehicle wraps and much more.
- 64-inch (1625mm) large-format digital printer
- Mirrored CMYKKYMC print head configuration virtually eliminates chromatic banding
- Designed to provide unsurpassed printing performance, even when unattended, in demanding production environments.
- Advanced imaging technology produces vibrant colour graphics with sharp details
- Photorealistic imaging at 1440 dpi resolution
- Seven different droplet sizes reproduce even the most subtle nuances in your design
- Roland Intelligent Pass Control further enhances image quality
- ECO-SOL MAX® 2 ink
- Wider gamut for dynamic colour imaging
- Increased density for rich, saturated colours
- Fast drying for maximum productivity
- Highly scratch resistant and durable outdoors for up to three years
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified for indoor safety
- Roland Printer Assist iPad app allows remote management of common printer functions
- Redesigned, reinforced frame stabilises production for reliable results during long, high-speed runs
- Improved pinch and grit roller systems ensure precise media movement
- Optional media take-up system expedites production
- Adjustable right flange for easy, accurate centering of smaller rolls
- Ability to support roll media up to 50 kg (110 lbs.)
- Automatic cleaning cycles simplify maintenance
- Roland OnSupport sends production updates via text message or email
- VersaWorks RIP Software
- Automates the workflow for easy operation and better productivity
- Advanced colour management tools, including the Roland Color System and six built-in PANTONE® libraries, make spot colour matching easy
- Spot colour replacement feature easily and accurately replaces any spot colour within the design file with another option from any VersaWorks library
- Predictive ink calculator estimates the amount of ink needed for each job so you can plan accordingly
- Included dryer unit supports high-speed, volume production
- Comprehensive Three-Year Extended Warranty
click images to enlarge
The Industry's Most Advanced Print Head Technology
The VersaEXPRESS RF-640 is equipped with a gold-plated print head – the most advanced in the industry – to reduce static and enable high quality imaging. Variable dot control produces droplets of seven different sizes for precise, detailed graphics. The result is high-density printing with vibrant colours, excellent photographic reproduction, smooth gradations and superb contrast.
Mirrored Print Head Configuration
To ensure outstanding print quality at faster speeds, the RF-640 features a dual CMYK, mirrored print head (MYCKKCYM) that virtually eliminates banding during bi-directional printing. This configuration allows the printer to deliver rich, vibrant consistent colour, even in the fastest print modes.
Inexpensive to Run, Simple to Maintain
The RF-640's design allows for low running costs and easy maintenance. Precise inkjet technology and new optimised profiles for ECO-SOL MAX® 2 ink work together to reduce ink consumption up to 20 percent when compared with the RE-640. An automated cleaning function also minimises ink usage, while helping to prolong print head life. As a result, the RF-640 is highly efficient in both production and standby modes.
ECO-SOL MAX® 2 Inks
The RF-640 is designed to take full advantage of Roland's specially formulated, high-density ECO-SOL MAX® 2 eco-solvent inks. These award-winning, GREENGUARD Gold-Certified inks dry quickly and provide unmatched long-term outdoor durability, scratch and chemical resistance, broad uncoated media support and a wide colour gamut. ECO-SOL MAX® 2 produces rich, vibrant colour that adds value and impact to graphics.
GREENGUARD Gold certification provides assurance that ECO-SOL MAX® 2 inks meet some of the world's most rigorous and comprehensive standards for low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into indoor air. In addition to using ECO-SOL MAX® 2 inks, the RF-640 can be equipped with sublimation inks to create a wide array of stunning sublimated graphics.
Roland Printer Assist and Other Convenience Features
Thanks to Roland Printer Assist, you can manage your RF-640 remotely when you're in the office using an iPad tablet. Free and available for download from the iTunes App Store, the Roland Printer Assist app enables users to manage production, test printing, and even access cleaning functions from virtually any location.
Additional convenience features include front-loading ink cartridges, media-loading levers at the front and back of the printer. For trouble-free unattended printing, there's Roland OnSupport, which delivers e-mail alerts to your computer or remotely to your smart phone when ink is running low or a job has been completed.
Roland Intelligent Pass Control
This system combines printer and software advancements that control dot placement between passes, ensuring smooth gradations, flawless solid colours and faster throughput with virtually no banding. That translates into increased productivity and exceptional image quality, even at higher print speeds.
Equipped with advanced productivity features, the RF-640 is ideal for any busy shop environment. It boasts state-of-the-art print control technology for quality imaging and colour consistency at real production speeds of 13 - 18.5m2/hr. and up to a maxiumum of 48.5m2/hr. Adjustable media support brackets handle narrow or wide media rolls with equal ease, while an optional take-up system provides stability during high-speed printing. For trouble-free continuous printing and increased production capability, the RF-640 is equipped with the Roland Ink Switching System. This innovative system allows the printer to automatically switch to a new ink cartridge when the original runs out, providing up to 880 ml of ink per colour for unattended printing.
Contour Cut Your Printed Graphics
You can pair your RF-640 printer with a Roland GX Series cutter to contour cut printed graphics. VersaWorks support for the GX Series allows you to quickly and easily cut the most intricate designs for signs, banners, T-shirt heat transfers, POP displays, vehicle wraps, labels and decals. The GX features revolutionary Roland Quadralign™ technology that precisely reads crop marks on pre-printed data and aligns the graphic for perfect contour cutting.
Integrated Heating System
Roland printers are designed to dry prints quickly, even in high-speed modes, for immediate finishing, installation and collection by the take-up system. The RF-640 features a built-in two stage integrated heater system that accommodates a wide range of media options. This advanced system precisely controls the proper amount of heat for each application, yielding outstanding results every time. For maximum convenience, users can store individual settings right in the printer.
VersaWorks® RIP Software
Developed exclusively for Roland inkjet printers, and printer/cutters, VersaWorks® RIP software takes full advantage of the RF-640's capabilities. Based on the latest Adobe CPSI 3019 engine, VersaWorks includes advanced error diffusion and 16-bit rendering for exceptional production output and unmatched ease-of-use, and is fully compatible with Windows® 7, Vista and XP. Along with features such as variable data printing, embedded ICC support, ink level adjustment tools and advanced cropping, tiling and nesting options; the newest VersaWorks features include the following:
- Predictive Ink Calculator and Alert: For flawless unattended printing, a predictive ink calculator estimates the amount of ink needed for each job. When there is not sufficient ink to complete a job, the RIP notifies the operator prior to printing.
- Spot Color Replacement Tool: Allows an operator to specify Roland colors directly in VersaWorks without the need to spend a great deal of time re-opening the source file to make changes.
- Built-in PANTONE® Spot Color Library: This new library helps streamline the conversion process from PANTONE® to CMYK colors and ensures accurate PANTONE® colour matching
Roland OnSupport® Online Production Assistance
Roland OnSupport is an online support portal that provides real-time feedback on the user’s machine. This system monitors ink levels and provides access to manuals and software updates, how-to guides, preventive maintenance guides, machine usage metrics and periodic updates to firmware. It sends notifications to the user’s cell phone or email address and allows the user to both manage productivity and gain direct feedback from Roland.
Three-Year Extended Warranty
There's no question that Roland inkjets combine unbeatable performance with legendary Roland reliability. As further proof of their unmatched reliability, Roland is pleased to offer an unprecedented Three-Year Heads and all Warranty on the RF-640. All that's required for this bonus is return of the registration card with installation information within 30 days of your purchase and confirmation* that Roland inks are running in the machine.
Additional Terms and Conditions apply - please review the warranty statement.
Standard Roland Features
Reliability You Can Count On - The RF-640 is designed to be a bulletproof production machine. With regular maintenance, it will provide years of trouble-free service. But, unlike most inkjets that require daily maintenance, the RF-640 requires significantly less servicing.
Quality Assurance - Roland’s international ISO certification is your quality assurance. We build reliable, high-performance products and back them up with first-rate customer service and a wide variety of supplies and accessories.
SHOP BY TYPE
PRINT & CUT