Making the move to 3D? Want even more control over the things you create? VCarve brings the third dimension under your control with the ability to import and toolpath a single 3d model.
A complete software package
the complete software solution for CNC routing, sign making, wood carving & engraving.
VCarve provides a powerful but intuitive software solution for cutting parts on a CNC Router. there are tools for 2D design and calculation of 2D and 2.5D toolpaths along with the ability to import and toolpath a single 3D model.
the software can import 2D designs from other programs but also provides a full set of drawing and editing tools. the toolpath options cover all typical 2D routing operations such as profiling, pocketing, auto-inlays and drilling as well as 2.5D strategies such as v-carving, prism carving, moulding toolpaths, fluting and even a decorative texturing strategy.
Benefits of VCarve 9.0
- Smart Cursor - A much easier way of drawing and aligning objects to geometry.
- Two Sided Machining - Create two sided jobs and visualise them in the same session.
- Export to PDF - Export drawings to PDF so that you can print to scale
- Quick Keys - Adds precision to your shape by allowing typed values while creating geometry.
- Vector Validator - This feature finds problem vectors such as overlapping contours or intersections that may be preventing toolpath creation.
- Mirror Mode - Allows you to define a component level so that it mirrors all its components. one way of thinking is that you can place virtual mirrors in the centre of your job, vertically and/or horizontally
Drawing & Layout Tools
- vector shape creation
- image tracing (vectorization)
- rulers, snap grid and guidelines
- import 2D data (dxf, dwg, eps, ai etc.)
- basic dimensioning
- vector layout
- layer management
- advanced text tools
- create vector texture
- other features
- vector transform & editing
- 3D component editing
- 3D view component manipulation
- 3D component manager
- clip art browser
- free 3D clip art
- import 3D clip art (v3m) & mesh models (stl, obj, 3dm etc.)
- material setup
- high quality toolpath preview
- fast and efficient profiling
- precision v-carving
- raised prism machining
- fluting toolpaths - ramp in/out
- efficient texture toolpath
- wrapped rotary axis toolpaths
- quick engrave for diamond drag tools
- 2D production profiling
- auto-inlay toolpaths
- estimated machining times
- toolpath tiling - divides toolpaths to fit material or machine limits
- toolpath templates
- form tools - custom shaped cutter profiles
- production plated engraving
PRO Edition Features
- no size limit
- toolpath templates
- job setup sheets
- create merged toolpaths
The VCarve Process
Creating anything from fantastic signs to beautiful custom cabinet doors with VCarve Pro couldn't be easier. Simply import or draw your design, select the regions to carve, choose an appropriate toolpath and the software takes care of the rest. Take a look at the videos shown below for a more detailed look at how the software works when working with different types of data and applications. These examples are all covered in more detail in the software tutorials (20+ hours of video) and can also be worked through in the Trial Version of the software.
VCarve Pro and Desktop have been designed to make calculating high quality CNC toolpaths for routing, milling and engraving machines, as quick and easy as possible. Whether it's high volume production runs, bespoke decorative pieces or simply cutting parts for friends and family on a home built machine, the software includes the tools needed to get the job done easily and quickly.
Projects can be drawn using VCarve or imported from a graphical drawing package such as Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, AutoCAD (and many others). Designs from standard clipart libraries such as Vector Art can also be directly loaded and used to create toolpaths. Drawing and layout tools are also included for converting images into machinable vectors, adding borders, scaling, sizing and positioning ready to cut.
The software is extremely good at handling potential problems in imported files such as duplicate copies of objects, small loops and coincident vector nodes. Drawings that may take many hours of editing in other packages can very often be machined in minutes using either edition of VCarve.